Direct: (972) 331-4603 Email: email@example.com
Tim Wang is an experienced trial lawyer who focuses his practice on IP litigation (both district court and ITC litigation) and complex commercial disputes in cases involving patent, trademark, or copyright. He has been engaged in high profile litigations that collectively lead to settlements or judgments of multi-hundred-million dollars. Mr. Wang also successfully defended clients against accusations of patent, trademark, or copyright infringements. Additionally, he advises clients on other aspects of the intellectual property law, including patent prosecution, due diligence, licensing, trademark and copyright registrations. Representative clients include California Institute of Technology, University of Virginia, Coolpad, Nanya Technology Corporation and many other institutes and companies. Mr. Wang has been recognized as a rising star in intellectual property law by Super Lawyers each year since 2013. According to the annual review published by Docket Navigator, Mr. Wang ranked 19th as a top patent litigator in U.S. for the total number of patent lawsuits in 2015.
Prior to forming Ni, Wang & Massand, PLLC, Mr. Wang practiced at Shore Chan DePumpo LLP, specializing in IP litigation and licensing. He was an IT manager at AT&T before practicing law.
- New Balance Athletics, Inc. v. USA New Bunren International Co. Limited LLC (D. Del. 2017)
- Pilot, Inc. v. Anker Technology Corp. et al. (N.D. Cal. 2017)
- Aster Graphics Inc. v. Static Control Components, Inc. (C.D. Cal. 2017)
- WeWork Companies Inc. v. UrWork (Beijing) Venture Investment Co. Ltd. et al. (S.D.N.Y. 2017)
- Dongguan Juxing Power Co. Ltd. v. Gryphon Mobible et al. (C.D. Cal. 2017)
- H.D. U.S.A., LLC v. Zhongguoshichang, et. al. (E.D. Ill. 2017)
- Bulgari S.p.A. v. Zhi Xin Liao et al. (E.D. Ill. 2017)
- Rovio Entertainment Ltd. v. Angel Baby Factory et. al. (S.D.N.Y. 2017).
- Novocrypt LLC v. Coolpad Technologies, Inc. (E.D. Tex. 2016).
- Whirlpool Corporation v. Tianjin Jinghai Yunda Industry and Trade Co. Ltd. (E.D. Tex. 2016).
- TVB Holdings (USA), Inc. et al. v. HTV International Ltd. (E.D.N.Y. 2016).
- China Central Television v. Create New Technology (C.D. Cal. 2016).
- Porto Technology Co. Ltd. v. Apple, Inc. (E.D. Tex. 2015).
- Advantage PressurePro, LLC et al. v. Hawkshead Systems Inc. (W.D. Mo. 2015).
- Gilmour Innovations Intellectual Property, LLC v. Nike, Inc. (E.D. Tex. 2015).
- Shanghai Lujiazui International Financial Asset Exchange, Co., Ltd (陆金所) v. Apple Inc. (N.D. Cal.)
- D.Z. America Inc. v. Vio Strings, Inc. et al. (S.D.N.Y. 2014).
- Rotatable Technologies LLC v. Motorola Mobility LLC et al. (Fed. Cir. 2014).
- Sun Lite Sockets Industry Inc. v. Walmart Stores, Inc. (C.D. Cal., 2014).
- C4cast v. Apple Inc. et al. (E.D. Tex. 2014).
- CYVA Research Holdings, LLC v. Priceline.com Inc. et al. (E.D. Tex. 2014).
- Spatium v. Adobe et al. (E.D. Va. 2014).
- Harvatek v. Nichia (E.D. Tex. 2014).
- FEGO Precision Industry Co. Ltd. v. Nike, Inc. et al. (E.D. Tex. 2014).
- Maz Encryption Technology LLC v. Blackberry Corporation (D. Del. 2013).
- C4cast v. Dell et al. (E.D. Tex. 2013).
- E-Contact v. Microsoft et al. (E.D. Tex. 2011).
- California Institute of Technology v. STMicroelectronics NV et al. (N.D. Cal. 2011).
- GeoTag v. AT&T et al. (E.D. Tex. 2010).
- Colorquick, LLC v. Vistaprint Limited et al. (E.D. Tex. 2009).
- Industrial Technology Research Institute v. Samsung Electronics America, Inc. et al. (E.D. Tex. 2009).
- Software Tree LLC v. Red Hat Inc. et al. (E.D. Tex. 2009).
- The Research Foundation of State University of New York v. Bruker Corp. et al. (N.D.N.Y. 2009).
- University of Virginia Patent Foundation v. General Electric Company (W.D. Va. 2008).
- Nanya Technology Corp v. NEC Corp, et al. (N.D. Cal. 2008).
- California Institute of Technology v. Canon U.S. A. et al. (C.D. Cal. 2008).
- The Research Foundation of State University of New York and Sigrity v. Ansoft et al. (N.D.N.Y. 2008).
- California Institute of Technology v. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (E.D. Tex. 2007).
- Nanya Technology Corp v. NEC Corp, et al. (E.D. Tex. 2007).
- Southern Methodist University
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, cum laude, 2008
- University of Texas at Dallas
- Master of Science Computer Science, 2000
- University of Louisiana at Monroe
- Master of Science Geosciences, 2000
- Nanjing University
- Bachelor of Science, Land Use, with honors,1996
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Texas Monthly Rising Star 2013, 2014, 2015
- Technology Editor, SMU Law Review
- Member, Sigma Gamma Epsilon